[ARMedslack] sysctl.conf not applied??

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Mon Apr 4 05:03:10 UTC 2011

I asked this on IRC a few moments ago, but I suspect there are
a few more sets of eyes here, soo...

Does anyone else try to set various params via /etc/sysctl.conf,
and if so, does it work correctly?  I set lockd (nfs) ports via
sysctl params, and on x86* hosts, that works as expected, but
not on arm hosts.  Here's my /etc/sysctl.conf contents:
  fs.nfs.nlm_udpport=4045
  fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport=4045

It's supposed to run from rc.S, and I don't see why it wouldn't
be, but... on e.g. my NFS server, lockd gets random ports assigned.
If I stop nfsd and run "/sbin/sysctl -e -p /etc/sysctl.conf" (which
is exactly what rc.S does) and then restart rc.nfsd, lockd gets
assigned to port 4045 as desired.

Another set of eyes looking at that would be appreciated.

-RW