[ARMedslack] How to compile the whole Slackware ARM?

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Thu Nov 18 09:26:56 UTC 2010

> I am a member of the Slackware italian community (Slacky). Together with
> other people I am trying to learn how to compile the full Slackware ARM, in
> order to make a port to the BeagleBoard and PandaBoard.

A port for it? It'll already run on the beagleboard.
What is making you think that you need to do anything other than build a
kernel?

> I searched the source files in the armedslack-13.1/source directory, but I
> found only the build scripts. Here are my questions:

The instructions to build from source:
ftp://ftp.armedslack.org/armedslack/armedslack-current/source/README_SOURCE.txt

>   - is there an how-to guide for compiling the full Slackware?

No - it's an iterative process - some packages will just need
building once, but some will require rebuilding several times
throughout the process so that they can link against newly built libraries
etc.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org