[ARMedslack] How to compile the whole Slackware ARM?

Carlo Caione carlo.caione at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:51:47 UTC 2010

On 18/11/2010 10:26, Stuart Winter wrote:

>> I am a member of the Slackware italian community (Slacky). Together with
>> other people I am trying to learn how to compile the full Slackware ARM, in
>> order to make a port to the BeagleBoard and PandaBoard.
>
> A port for it? It'll already run on the beagleboard.
> What is making you think that you need to do anything other than build a
> kernel?

Ok, I hijack the discussion.
As I explained before in my previous email the idea is to recompile
armedslack with the right optimization for beaglebord (armv7 + neon +
cortex-a8 optimization) and provide also a preconfigured omap-patched
kernel, in addition to second and third stage bootloader (xloader and
uboot) for beagleboard.
That's the base idea of the project.

Thank you,

--