[ARMedslack] What's the difference between USB<->serial devices on Arm Slack and Intel Slack?

John O'Donnell unixjohn1969 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 22:08:13 UTC 2010

Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
>> there is no Marvell files (mrvl) in the firmware package.  There are no
>> mrvl files in the kernel source tree either.  I dont know where debian /
>> globalscale got them.
> Sometimes firmware can be found on the manufacturer website or some
> other site. For example, I remember the day (some years ago) when I
> needed firmware for Thomson SpeedTouch ADSL modem, and it could be found
> on (as far as I remember) website run by manufacturer. Last year I
> tested this firmware with armedslack and it worked just fine on my tiny
> board with AT91RM9200 CPU.

As this was a Globalscale product I scoured their site and posted requests on
their plug PC forums for the location.  I should have probably looked at
Marvell.  The management executable (uaputl) looks like it was a port of a
windoze package.

root at guruslack:~# uaputl
uaputl.exe - uAP utility ver 1.12
Usage:
         uaputl.exe [options] <command> [command parameters]

hmmm I wonder what gave that away ;-)

--
=== Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===