[ARMedslack] ARMedSlack on Seagate Dockstar

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Tue Dec 21 10:13:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, Rich wrote:

> My testing indicates that it not getting an ip assign during initialization
> because the rc.inet1.conf file isn't configured   I'm a wimp, so I've been
> using serial cable to observe what is happening.

Since you have a serial cable, can you also try booting the installer?

This is what the others have been struggling with -- why doesn't the
installer get an IP?  If you boot using the config lines found here:
ftp://ftp.armedslack.org/armedslack/armedslack-devtools/sheevaplug/quickboot.txt

Take the line below this heading:
"-current (automatically starting DHCP and SSHd)"

The system should boot and get an IP from DHCP.

Can you see what is happening?

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org