[armedslack] ARMedSlack running on Neo FreeRunner

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sat Jun 13 13:04:37 UTC 2009

Hi Wybrand

> I can't ssh to my new ARMedslack install. When I ssh into the virtual machine,
> it asks for the password and when I fill that in it complains about my
> password being expired and asks for a new one.
> I then get the familiar routine that I have to fill in the old password, and
> the new one twice. Then the connection closes, and this is every time. Can
> this be related to the local time being epoch?? Hmmm, I can still telnet so
> it's not a big deal.

If you add an ntpdate or similar to your VM's rc.local, as it suggests in
the qemu_install doc, does that fix it on the 2nd login?
I used to have this problem until I set the time with ntpdate.
What I also do, which isn't documented, is run ntpdate from the installer
so that the files generated during installation have a fresh time stamp;
which fixes the problem.

I'll update the QEMU install document with some more information.

> Oh, and Stuart, in your QEMU_INSTALL.TXT I missed a `modprobe tun`. I added
> this to /etc/rc.d/rc.local, and everything worked flawlesly. Good work!

Thanks I forgot about that - tun is compiled into my kernel.
I've added modprobes into the qemu helper scripts.

--
Stuart Winter
www.armedslack.org