[armedslack] ARM EABI

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Apr 6 10:03:08 UTC 2007

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Sunil Amitkumar Janki wrote:

> http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT5920399313.html
>
> It basically says floating point operations are sped up by
> more than 10x by using the ARM EABI. As far as I know
> this is only supported by GCC 4.

You are welcome to start a port ;-)

> BTW I am building X in Armedslack Current at the moment
> using the latest Slackware Current source and adding in
> your patches and CFLAGS. Let's see if it works that way.

You probably will not get far with it because the build order
isn't correct.  Also, I just noticed that ARMedslack's x/mesa package is
broken -- it's missing the libraries because I think they got installed
onto the filesystem rather than the package.
Infact most of the build breakages appear to stem from stuff
being installed into /usr/local.
I'm rebuilding Mesa now.

> Am I doing something wrong? I employ QEMU "kernel/initrd"
> booting using your supplied versatile kernel and color.gz
> initrd.

It's possible that the initrd I am using isn't the one on the ftp site.

http://www.slackware.com/~mozes/dl/armedslack/

Those are the files I am using - give those a go.  I'll rebuild
the installer at some point -- there has been a few changes to
some of the installer scripts inside the initrd, so I will have to
spend some time to work out what has happened.

> I'll try again later but it is not necessary to get Armedslack
> installed. I have enough experience in Slackware to somehow
> get it to work ;-)

Cool - also there is 'tinstall.sh' inside the slackware/ directory
which I used to use before I got the installer working.

--
Stuart Winter
www.armedslack.org