[armedslack] Am interested in knowing about current ARMedslack projects

Thierry MERLE thierry.merle at free.fr
Sat Jul 11 14:02:38 UTC 2009

Hi Ajay,

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:02:17 +0530
Ajay Prabandham <partha21 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>               Let me first introduce myself : I am Ajay Prabandham, and I am
> from Hyderabad, India. I have over 6 years of experience in the IT Industry
> (although mainly in application development). I have started taking active
> interest in linux kernel programming. I came across your website when i was
> searching the net for linux kernel projects.
>
> Can you please let me know if you are looking for kernel developers? My
> current knowledge (though quite small :-) ) is in file systems, TCP/IP and
> device drivers.

Well, if you really want to contribute to the kernel drivers, and you
are open to contribute to anything, you should join first to the linux
driver project (www.linuxdriverproject.org), you will see that they
need lots of developers.
See particularly the DriversNeeded page where you will find drivers
that need to be implemented.
But to my mind the best way to start is to implement a driver for an
unsupported device you have at home, look at kernel sources
Documentation/ sub-directory to find out which part of the kernel is
supposed to support this device, and join the specific mailing-list for
your device (for example webcam, TV tuner=> video4linux); this is the
best way to start in kernel development.
You will contribute indirectly to the armedslack project since it is
based on the linux kernel.

Thanks for you willingness to contribute to this big project!

Regards,
Thierry