[ARMedslack] Slackware minirootfs on unsupported device wm8850

Wolfgang Tintemann auf Desktop PC unter Linux Mint Maya mit Evolution wktintemann at online.de
Wed May 8 10:22:53 UTC 2013

I successfully booted the minirootfs on my wm8850 7 inch netbook
( Wondermedia SoC, device produced in China ).
I could login as root/passwd from console tty1.

Since I am a complete beginner with Slackware I would like to have
some help how I get in a 1st step the network running on the minirootfs
system.

My ( sel-cross-compiled ) kernel ( 3.9.0-rc7 ) detects detects
successfully a plugged in Logilink USB ALAN stick : ifconfig
and iwconfig show wlan0
eth0 is not supported at the moment by my kernel - maybe in the near
future.

I tried wpa_supplicant call with a wpa_supplicant.conf which runs
fine under Debian but I got no connection.

Have you any recommendation what I could/must do now to get WiFi
running ?