[ARMedslack] Generic Allwinner Slackware installer, was: Announcing Fedora 19 ARM remix for Allwinner SOCs release 1, now with A20 support (fwd)

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Sat Jul 27 18:26:41 UTC 2013

>> I haven't got a a20 (or earlier) device to play with (yet), but I am
>> forwarding this email to arm-netbook. I hope this will raise interest
>> of having Slackware on the Allwinner.

>I am preparing a generic armv6 and onwards Linux 3.10 kernel (the
>separate 'kirkwood' and 'versatile' kernels will remain as is because the
>armv5 support has not been consolidated).

>Initially I'll make sure that the existing 'Tegra' works since that's what I'm using
>as the main build machine, but I have also added support for Allwinner:

>[*] Allwinner A1X SOCs

>Of course, there will be plenty of other drivers and so on that would be
>required which someone can furnish me with at a later date once I push out
>the kernels.

Supporting Allwinner SOC would really probabbly require a 3.0 or a 3.4 kernel from the linux-sunxi branch (https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi) as many patches have not made it to kernel.org, or searching around for the patches to apply to vanilla kernel (that will will be probabbly conceived for ither a 3.0 or a 3.4 kernel anyway).
But if you come up with something to test I can see if it works on my XZPAD700.

ATB
David