[ARMedslack] Hello everyone

Nigel Sollars nsollars at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 15:32:10 UTC 2013

Hi Stuart,

Thanks very much for the response il go over the documentation provided and
look into miniroot etc etc.  Ive started documenting my journey with this
unit ( from a technical view ).

The installer idea is interesting as the fc18 image actually finishes up
with running the configuration script just as if you did an install from a
cd / image.  Perhaps this is the correct approach.  I was testing all
distro's / images at the time to make sure I was seeing the same activity
when I was getting the Bluettooth working.

So maybe do an image that then starts off running the ncurses slackware
configuration tool to setup networking / wifi etc etc.  may require some
changes / additions for wpa_supplicant.  Under all distro's ive tested with
none deal with wpa_supplicant, so it requires manual editing.

What do you think?

Regards
Nigel

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk>wrote:

> Hi
>
> > Ive owned a Pandaboard ES ( 4460 ) for quite some time and have been able
> [..]
> > Linaro base.  I would like to add Pandboard to the  slack arm project.
> > Could you please bring me upto speed on how to move forward.
>
> Someone started a while back, although advertises it as an
> optimised version (therefore a fork):
>
> http://pandaboard.org/content/slackware-pandaboard
>
> Have a look through that - perhaps you'd want to work with that or do your
> own?
> If you wanted to do your own, have a look through how Dave started with
> the Raspberry Pi work -- I am most impressed with it and recommend his
> approach as a template:
> http://www.daves-collective.co.uk/raspi/
>
> For what it's worth, *I'd* prefer to see all extra platforms installable
> with the installer rather than pre-built disk images. This is
> because people often provide disk images with broken configs and so on
> (this isn't a dig at anyone here - it's been going on for years with the
> other distributions as well - especially where someone provides an image
> of their own installation).  If a disk image *must* be provided if there's
> no way to get the installer working (very unlikely btw), you should look
> at the miniroot build script.
> I can help with the Slackware installer stuff where need be.
>
> --
> Stuart Winter
> Slackware ARM: http://arm.slackware.com

“Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition.”

Alan Turing