[ARMedslack] Hello everyone

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sun Feb 10 09:52:03 UTC 2013

Hi

> Ive owned a Pandaboard ES ( 4460 ) for quite some time and have been able
[..]
> Linaro base.  I would like to add Pandboard to the  slack arm project.
> Could you please bring me upto speed on how to move forward.

Someone started a while back, although advertises it as an
optimised version (therefore a fork):

http://pandaboard.org/content/slackware-pandaboard

Have a look through that - perhaps you'd want to work with that or do your
own?
If you wanted to do your own, have a look through how Dave started with
the Raspberry Pi work -- I am most impressed with it and recommend his
approach as a template:
http://www.daves-collective.co.uk/raspi/

For what it's worth, *I'd* prefer to see all extra platforms installable
with the installer rather than pre-built disk images. This is
because people often provide disk images with broken configs and so on
(this isn't a dig at anyone here - it's been going on for years with the
other distributions as well - especially where someone provides an image
of their own installation).  If a disk image *must* be provided if there's
no way to get the installer working (very unlikely btw), you should look
at the miniroot build script.
I can help with the Slackware installer stuff where need be.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: http://arm.slackware.com