[ARMedslack] Totally OT: x86 netbook

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 13 17:26:29 UTC 2013

Apologies for the off Topic but I assume most of you also use a PC, so
I hope you can help.

Due to my tablet having recently been stolen, and absolutely refusing
to buy an Android or Apple device, and having in the meantime given up
on the idea of having an ARM-based netbook/laptop (the Chromebook
being out of the equation for the above mentioned reasons), I find
myself without a portable device. My choice has to go for a PC-based
device, unless somebody comes with an alternative idea.

I can't find any new netbooks on the market any more. Even Novatech
has stopped selling netbooks. The Linux Emporium has only big and
relatively expensive laptops, some of then are a bit obsolete.  A
laptop with Windows 8 is also for various reasons out of the equation.

I wonder if somebody comes with some viable idea.

I am based in the UK but I would buy from continental Europe if necessary.

Thanks

--
Ottavio