[ARMedslack] Raspberry Pi summary of my first installation

Frank Boehm frank at thor.baldar.de
Fri Sep 21 14:57:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012, Stuart Winter wrote:

> They may become unsorted, or sorted differently depending on your setting
> of LC_COLLATE.

checked it beforehand and
kept a logfile from my installation to be able to check for errors

but all the file names of slackware distribution packages are plain ascii
within the range of 32-127 and without special chars

I can't imagine a LC_COLLATE value that can mangle this

> If I was documenting it or scripting it, I'd always add the aaa* packages
> first, specificially to avoid any file name sorting issues since I've had
> the problem in the past.  If it works for you without doing so, great :-)

better on the safe side, it's always good to mention this

/broken/ filenames are common in mp3 archives, where the file names are
created from the mp3 tags, but I had never problems with original slackware
package names

cu Frank

--
     Hrothgar is also the name of the Danish king whose mead house Heorot was
invaded by the Grendel, and all the warriors inside were killed. So Beowulf