[ARMedslack] F-ed up my SD card

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Fri Sep 7 03:33:19 UTC 2012

A few things to consider, there is nothing wrong with any of Dave's
packages but perhaps you had a corrupt download. After your install are
you sure you had the first (vfat) partition mounted  as /mnt/boot and
installed the raspberrypi packages as per the instructions? What is in
the first partition and what is in /boot on the root files systems. The
pi start.elf is nothing more than one of the numbered elf files, eg
arm192_start.elf. If I thought my start.elf was bad. I'd first mount the
sd card on some other machine, in the first partition I'd then delete
the start elf and cp one of the numbered start.elfs to start.elf and
tried a boot.