[ARMedslack] New Samsung Chromebook

Ottavio Caruso pr0f3ss0r1492 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 19:04:57 UTC 2012

On 19 October 2012 10:42, Ottavio Caruso <pr0f3ss0r1492 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know which ARM processor it has and if it can potentially
> run Slackware ARM in a proper and easy way?

Olof Johansson has just posted a way to install an alternative Linux
distro on the new Chromebook:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109993695638569781190/posts/b2fazijJppZ

He has succeded with Suse just using the Suse root filesystem and the
Chrome OS stock kernel. It looks like a complicated procedure (at
least for me) and the catch is that it will boot from the Chrome
partition, but I understand that he and other developers are working
on booting from an external storage altogether.

If anybody has any ideas on this subject they will do me a great
favour. I have a limited budget. I was saving money to buy the new
Genesi device which hasn't come yet but this little gem is tempting me
now.

--
Ottavio Caruso