[ARMedslack] Anyone weigh in on Dreamplug install for 14.0?

Michael Langfinger slackware at langfinger.org
Wed Oct 3 17:57:41 UTC 2012

 Hi Innes,

 i also built my own 3.4.11 kernel now (took 6+ hours... ;)), with the
 following changes:

 CONFIG_SERIAL_OF_PLATFORM=y
 # CONFIG_MTD_NAND_ORION is not set

 This leads to the following:

 - Dreamplug machine id (0xdde) set: Lockup after the "Uncompressing..."
 message.
 - Guruplug machine id (0xa63) set: System boots (because of MTD
 disabled)

 I also checked the sources from the u-boot version that i use and the
 bugfix for the CONFIG_ARM_PATCH_PHYS_VIRT problem is included in this
 version. I made sure that the system really hangs (and not that there is
 just no output over the serial line) by changing the bootargs variable
 with:

 setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 kbd=uk nic=auto:eth0:dhcp
 root=/dev/ram rw

 and then booting the kernel. The system boots up and gets an address if
 i use the Guruplug machine id, but it doesn't get an address using the
 Dreamplug machine id. So, still no idea what's causing the lockup. Seems
 like using the Guruplug machid and compiling a custom kernel is still
 the only way to get the Dreamplug booting...

 Cheers,
 Michael