[ARMedslack] Anyone weigh in on Dreamplug install for 14.0?

Innes Read armedslack at innes.veryspeedy.net
Tue Oct 2 20:02:14 UTC 2012

Thanks Michael, you've confirmed a lot of what I've been discovering!

I have now built my own 3.4.11 with MTD disabled as a workaround (I also
had to disable PHYS_VIRT in my case as I have not upgraded U-Boot yet)
and that does indeed boot into the 14.0 installer successfully.

When I switch to using the Dreamplug board number / FDT config I also
see the same lockup right after the "Uncompressing...done" message -
it's interesting that upgrading U-Boot did not fix that for you (but
have you checked CONFIG_SERIAL_OF_PLATFORM as per [1], I believe the
Slackware install kernel has that set to N).  Let me know if you find
anything interesting in the U-Boot sources - I have now procured what
appears to be the original U-Boot image from another source (thanks
Jim!) so I feel a little more secure about blowing my current U-Boot
image away with a new one!

Cheers,  Innes.

[1]
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-June/102533.html