[ARMedslack] Mounting installer initrd on Chrome OS: would it work

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 13:48:35 UTC 2012

On 19 November 2012 08:42, Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:
> Get cpio. It's in slackware/a

Thanks, the problem is I don't have cpio on Chrome OS. I am working on
writing a tutorial on how to run Slackware off a usb flash drive and I
though that starting the installer on a 'foreign' distro would make
things easier but obviously it doesn't.

So the other solution is either rsyncing the slackware tree or
unpacking the miniroot-fs and adding the remaining packages while in
chroot.

Adding the chrome OS kernel and modules+firmware shouldn't be difficult.

--
Ottavio