[ARMedslack] Cross Compiling

Alexjan Carraturo axjslack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 07:41:24 UTC 2012

Hi to all

my name it's Alexjan, and I use Gnu/Linux O.S. on some evalution board
with ARM Cpu (especially Cortex-A9).

I have tried the Armedslack and seems to be a very interesting
product. Works good, but for some thing may be needed some
optimization (for example KDE).

I see that there is a tool to compile "native" the packages, but now
I'm wondering if there is the possibility to have (or realize) a Cross
Compiler specifically that it's able to work with Slackbuilds of
armedslack.

I say that because I can access to a very powerful compiling
workstation, and for me would be very useful to automatize the
compilation process.

For the moment I'm trying to follow the "procedure" on the README that
is in the /source directory of Armedslack, but the download of source
directory it's very slow.

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry for disturbing with my
noising question.

Bye
Alexjan.

--