[ARMedslack] GuruPlug Wireless?

John O'Donnell unixjohn1969 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 07:31:17 UTC 2012

On 02/25/2012 03:26 PM, David Madden wrote:
> On 2/25/2012 09:59, David Madden wrote:
>> will look into this later today.

I am just reading all your notes now.  Good information! Thank you!  Damn
something must have changed in 3.2.  I am just getting my development guruplug
upgraded to the latest -current so I can work on this and it is taking some time
since I am working on a microSD card again. I used to have a 80g attached HD but
I'm trying to turn one of my sheevas into a dev platform for other things, so I
am patiently waiting for the guru to catch up to -current.  The last kernel I
was running was 3.1.2. I had issues upgrading to 3.1.5 (-current at the time) so
I havent upgraded since.  I'm gonna plow into this 3.2.6 now.

Compiles take a while on this setup so please be patient.

Poppin' on the GCC fins, got my Makefile wetsuit, and put on the kernel source
mask and snorkel and I'm GOING IN!  I'll be back!

Oh man that was a short trip... I still cant get the newer -current kernels to
boot on my guruplug.  Did you have to rebuild yours from scratch?  I am going to
attempt that now.  This is why I stopped upgrading.

reading uinitrd-kirkwood-3.2.6

5937060 bytes read
reading /uImage-kirkwood-3.2.6

2083896 bytes read
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 00800000 ...
    Image Name:   Linux-3.2.6-kirkwood
    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
    Data Size:    2083832 Bytes = 2 MiB
    Load Address: 00008000
    Entry Point:  00008000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
    Image Name:   Slackware ARM Initial RAM disk f
    Image Type:   ARM Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)
    Data Size:    5936996 Bytes = 5.7 MiB
    Load Address: 00000000
    Entry Point:  00000000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

(... and cue up Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" ...)

Going back to 3.1.2 and try to rebuild 3.2.6 from that.  Then maybe I can look
at the UAP drivers.

John

--
=== Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===