[ARMedslack] Fwd: Re: iOmega iConnect

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Mon Sep 26 07:04:26 UTC 2011

I know I'm not the right Dave :-D
I thought that google would have the answer for this bit apparently there's no correct answer:

I got this as an intresting hit form Jeff Doozan's forum

There is no common arcNumber:
- iomega uses 1682
- OpenWRT uses 2870
- Debian <asm/mach-types.h> does not list any reference to the iconnect. So it is "really" unsupported.

None of the kirkwood arcNumbers listed in Debian results in a functional network.
In OpenWRT is a patch that made the GBit network working (arcNumber=2870).
But the OpenWRT kernel is not able to read or write the flash correctly.

My guess is that it depends on the kernel you are using.

Regards David