[ARMedslack] php-5.3.6-arm-2: php-cgi binary missing, dependency missing in build script

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Wed Jun 8 07:12:03 UTC 2011

Hi Michael

> package, too). I think, that the following bugs affect Slackware, too
> (although I can't confirm this, because I don't use Slackware on my
> desktop computer).

This only affects Slackware ARM - x86 uses "cat" to copy the files.   I
replaced them with "install" since "cat"ing files is one of my pet hates
:)
The build dependencies don't exist in x86 - they're a legacy artifact from
when Slackware ARM was first built in a cross compilation environment
(although I maintain the dependencies as I find them useful).

[..]
> "install -vpm755 ./sapi/cli/php $PKG/usr/bin/"
> "install -vpm755 ./sapi/cgi/php-cgi $PKG/usr/bin/"
>
> 2. Dependency xproto missing in ./arm/build:
[..]

> Would be great if you could fix these bugs in one of the upcoming
> releases!
[..]

I'll release a patch for it for 13.37 and it'll be updated in -current
once I start on it.

> Nevertheless, I really like ARMedslack - thank you for all the time and effort you put into this distribution!

Thanks for the report :-)

Cheers
s.