[ARMedslack] php-5.3.6-arm-2: php-cgi binary missing, dependency missing in build script

Michael Langfinger MLangfinger at web.de
Tue Jun 7 20:21:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

I recently tried to set up lighttpd+php/fastcgi on my sheevaplug and I stumbled upon two bugs in the php-package (and the build script for the package, too). I think, that the following bugs affect Slackware, too (although I can't confirm this, because I don't use Slackware on my desktop computer).

Let's go...

1. /usr/bin/php-cgi is missing:
The php package does not contain /usr/bin/php-cgi. The reason lies in line 238 in php.Slackbuild:

"install -vpm755 ./sapi/cli/{php,php-cgi} $PKG/usr/bin/"

php-cgi lies in ./sapi/cgi/, a quick fix would look like this:

"install -vpm755 ./sapi/cli/php $PKG/usr/bin/"
"install -vpm755 ./sapi/cgi/php-cgi $PKG/usr/bin/"

2. Dependency xproto missing in ./arm/build:
When you try to compile php, compilation will fail because of the missing header file "/usr/include/X11/X.h", which is required. Installing xproto fixes this, so I think that xproto should be added as a dependency.

Would be great if you could fix these bugs in one of the upcoming releases! Of course I can only speak for myself, but several hours of compiling php until I finally found the solution for the missing binary almost drove me crazy... ;)

Nevertheless, I really like ARMedslack - thank you for all the time and effort you put into this distribution!

Have a nice day,

Michael Langfinger

P.S.: Sorry for the html mail I sent before - I forgot to change the settings in the webmail interface of my mail provider.