[ARMedslack] ARMedSlack on Seagate Dockstar

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Jan 14 10:20:51 UTC 2011

> I wonder how it booted the second time? IIRC I had to comment out the fdisk
> sectionin a rc script because the Dockstar does not have an RTC and after
> reboot the system time is set to 1970 again which causes another fsck run
> (fsck is forced if umount time is later than mount time). This ends up in an
> endless loop.

This is how to do this properly:

cat << EOF > etc/e2fsck.conf
# These options stop e2fsck from erroring/requiring manual intervention
# when it encounters bad time stamps on filesystems -- which happens on
# the Versatile platform because QEMU does not have RTC (real time clock)
# support.
#
[options]
        accept_time_fudge = 1