[ARMedslack] ARMedSlack on Seagate Dockstar

Thorsten Mühlfelder thenktor at gmx.de
Fri Jan 14 09:56:05 UTC 2011

Am Tuesday 21 December 2010 03:37:12 schrieb Rich:
> On the initial boot, it did boot
> the kernel and started the system initialization scripts but then fdisk
> the sda1 and rebooted.  The second boot did complete and I got a login
> prompt on the serial terminal.

I wonder how it booted the second time? IIRC I had to comment out the fdisk
sectionin a rc script because the Dockstar does not have an RTC and after
reboot the system time is set to 1970 again which causes another fsck run
(fsck is forced if umount time is later than mount time). This ends up in an
endless loop.

> I then checked /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf file and noticed that it wasn't
> configured. I edited to use dhcp
> USE_DHCP[0]="yes"
> rebooted and was able to ssh into the dockstar

Perhaps you remember that I've told you to do so ;-)