[ARMedslack] ARMedslack on Open Pandora

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Feb 25 13:17:47 UTC 2011

> And now my problem :
> http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/1524-slackware-inside-pandora/

Have you been able to boot the root filesystems that have been tagged as
actually working with the Pandora?  I see a gentoo one on one of the
linked pages - have you tried it?

My feeling, based on a quick review of the messages in the thread, is that
you've built a kernel, but it doesn't contain all of the support you need
to boot the system.

What I'd do as a first thing is to boot a pre-made distribution:
http://neuvoo.org/wiki/index.php?title=Install_Pre-Built_Image
and see what lsmod returns.

This will indicate what some of the things that you need to build into
your kernel. Once you've made a monolichic kernel, you should be able to
boot the ARMedslack mini root without needing to load additional modules
(since you won't *have* the modules relevant for your board in the mini
root since ARMedslack doesn't provide kernel packages for this board).

It took me ages to get good kernel configs for the packages shipped with
ARMedslack.