[ARMedslack] Slackware on Pandaboard

Giovanni pino.otto at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 20:56:20 UTC 2011

Today I did the following test on my pandaboard;
- download the miniroot fs for armedslack-13.1
- chroot into it

The result was successful. I tried to install a package (python), using wget
and then installpkg. Python was installed and worked in the chroot-ed
Slackware.

I think that this means that Slackware ARM is compatible with the
pandaboard.

Now I would like to install a full Slackware ARM on the pandaboard.

In order to boot, the pandaboard needs the following files in a FAT32
partition on an SD card:
- MLO
- u-boot.bin
- uImage

I used the files provided by Angstrom distro. My idea is to continue to use
those 3 files for booting and then install a full Slackware by NFS or USB
external hard disk.

Note: the pandaboard can boot only from a SD card.

My problem now is where to find the Slackware installer (setup) program to
launch, after booting Angstrom kernel.

I am not expert about playing with boot and installer yet.

Can you please give me any instructions?

Best regards,
giovanni