[ARMedslack] jeff Doozan's uboot

Thorsten Mühlfelder thenktor at gmx.de
Tue Apr 19 13:32:59 UTC 2011

Am Tuesday 19 April 2011 15:18:26 schrieb Davide:
> The last cpuinfo i sent was produced by pogoplug system ... from slackware
> it looks different but still is not what one would expect from a dockstar:
> root at slackware:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> Processor       : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
> BogoMIPS        : 1192.75
> Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
> CPU implementer : 0x56
> CPU architecture: 5TE
> CPU variant     : 0x2
> CPU part        : 0x131
> CPU revision    : 1
>
> Hardware        : Marvell SheevaPlug Reference Board
> Revision        : 0000
> Serial          : 0000000000000000
> root at slackware:~#
>
> The board actually looks the same as my other dockstar ... I guess it's
> just a different SOC that make sthe difference.

As I've said: you are using a wrong "arcNumber". Doozan's u-boot is patched so
that the arcNumber can be set as u-boot environment variable.
Basically arcNumber is just some term used by Doozan. In the Linux kernel it
is called machine type. Have a look
at /usr/src/linux/include/generated/mach-types.h for a complete list. There
you'll find:
#define MACH_TYPE_DOCKSTAR             2998
#define MACH_TYPE_SHEEVAPLUG         2097
If you want your kernel to recognize the dockstar you have to use 2998 as
arcNumber in u-boot.

--
Thorsten Mühlfelder
Salix OS: www.salixos.org