[ARMedslack] jeff Doozan's uboot

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Tue Apr 19 14:25:00 UTC 2011

--- Mar 19/4/11, Thorsten Mühlfelder <thenktor at gmx.de> ha scritto:

> Da: Thorsten Mühlfelder <thenktor at gmx.de>
> Oggetto: Re: [ARMedslack] jeff Doozan's uboot
> A: "Slackware ARM port" <armedslack at lists.armedslack.org>
> Data: Martedì 19 Aprile 2011, 15:32
> Am Tuesday 19 April 2011 15:18:26
> schrieb Davide:
> > The last cpuinfo i sent was produced by pogoplug
> system ... from slackware
> > it looks different but still is not what one would
> expect from a dockstar:
> > root at slackware:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> > Processor       : Feroceon
> 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
> > BogoMIPS        : 1192.75
> > Features        : swp half thumb
> fastmult edsp
> > CPU implementer : 0x56
> > CPU architecture: 5TE
> > CPU variant     : 0x2
> > CPU part        : 0x131
> > CPU revision    : 1
> >
> > Hardware        : Marvell
> SheevaPlug Reference Board
> > Revision        : 0000
> > Serial          :
> 0000000000000000
> > root at slackware:~#
> >
> > The board actually looks the same as my other dockstar
> ... I guess it's
> > just a different SOC that make sthe difference.
>
> As I've said: you are using a wrong "arcNumber". Doozan's
> u-boot is patched so
> that the arcNumber can be set as u-boot environment
> variable.
> Basically arcNumber is just some term used by Doozan. In
> the Linux kernel it
> is called machine type. Have a look
> at /usr/src/linux/include/generated/mach-types.h for a
> complete list. There
> you'll find:
> #define MACH_TYPE_DOCKSTAR
>      2998
> #define MACH_TYPE_SHEEVAPLUG
>    2097
> If you want your kernel to recognize the dockstar you have
> to use 2998 as
> arcNumber in u-boot.

Did not understand you the first time .... but not much changes:
I've done a saveenv avter having set
setenv arcNumber 2998

and these are the other things I'm fiddling with to boot for my setup:
setenv arcNumber 2998 ; setenv usb_root /dev/sda3 ; setenv usb_rootfstype ext3 ; usb start
setenv bootargs console=$console root=$usb_root rootdelay=$usb_rootdelay rootfstype=$usb_rootfstype
ext2load usb 0:1 0x800000 uImage ; ext2load usb 0:1 0x1100000 uinitrd ; bootm 0x800000 0x1100000

But none the less once I'm up the green led stops flashing and cpuinfo still tells me that it's not a dockstar:

root at slackware:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS        : 1192.75
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant     : 0x2
CPU part        : 0x131
CPU revision    : 1

Hardware        : Marvell SheevaPlug Reference Board
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000
root at slackware:~#

I did check beforr booting that teh environment variable was set
Marvell>> echo $arcNumber
2998
Marvell>>
and also under pogoplud environment the led works and also cpuinfo still says that it's not a dockstar.
Are the new dockstars using sheeva's SOC ?

Regards
David