[ARMedslack] Setting up distcc for cross compiling

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Wed Sep 8 18:40:26 UTC 2010

[snip]

Yes you understand it perfectly.
The $PATH thing is a dirty hack but works nicely in 99% of cases.

> And I probably have to do the same trick with the PATH on the host machines so
> that the cross compiler is run?

Check the file 'rc.local-addition' - this is how I start distcc on the
x86 hosts.  You have to adjust the PATH distccd on xx86 has in order for
distcc to find the cross compile version of gcc, yes; but it has nothing
to do with the /tmp/DISTCC paths on your ARM hosts.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org