[ARMedslack] Nokia internet tablet

John Oyler john.oyler at smartfield.com
Wed Jul 7 16:16:27 UTC 2010

I'd cheat and use someone else's kernel for this. Probably the one that comes with Nokia, unless that's totally unsuitable. Copy it and its kernel modules directory into the appropriate place on Slack.

If you've compiled kernels for linux before, you'd basically get the Slackware kernel source (which is vanilla, few or no patches applied), and then you'd have to track down whichever patches (might be more than one) were appropriate for the N800. Apply those, compile it. I've yet to do this for the BeagleBoard, it seems pretty hairy and I don't really need it myself.

John O.