[ARMedslack] Help building poppler

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sat Feb 20 10:06:37 UTC 2010

Hi Cédric

Thanks for having a look.

Niels Horn was also looking at this and we came to the same conclusion
regarding gcc.  However I don't know why, because the build log for the
version of qt said it was built with the same gcc as poppler.

> For information, I saw the following warning when compiling another
> C++ project (Squid):
>
>     note: the mangling of ?va_list? has changed in GCC 4.4
>
> It means the linker will not be able to resolve the reference with the
> old signature/mangling anymore (for function that use va_list). As a
> conclusion, one has to recompile the library with the same version of
> the GCC compiler.

I'd tried recompiling qt as the first test but it didn't build because it
needed patching to work with libpng 1.4 which is now in -current.
qt's now been patched and recompiled, and poppler works.

I still see the va_list mangling message above though.  There have been
many changes in Slackware at the moment and I expect to recompile many of
the new packages once again before they go public.