[ARMedslack] Missing files in "uinitrd-kirkwood" to support root file-system on SDHC card

Cédric VINCENT cedric.vincent at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 08:31:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:39 AM, Conor McCarthy <mr.spuratic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see enough in the Changelogs to cover everything I hit, so
> here are the main problems I had. Hopefully this will be useful to
> someone.

Thanks for sharing :) !

> - for a sheevaplug I suspect udev in initrd is overkill, you only
> need a handful of modules and devices to make USB, network and
> SD/MMC available

I did not encounter any drawbacks with udev yet, moreover the inirtd
could be use for another "kirkwood" device (which one?). I think you
are right, mdev should be efficient enough here.

> mmc0:1 is a small ext3 partition, later mounted as /boot
> mmc0:2 is /

Please, let me know if you are using specific mount options for your
MMC partitions. For instance, I use an ext2 FS with the options
"noatime" and "async" to reduce as much as possible write cycles.

Regards,
Cédric.