[ARMedslack] ARMedSlack on Seagate Dockstar

Christophe Lyon christophe.lyon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 12:09:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Claudio Cavalera
<claudio.cavalera at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 21:02, Christophe Lyon <christophe.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I already have the right serial cable with the right connector. But
>>> I'm too lazy to open the dockstar. :-)
>>
>> Too bad!
>> I misread your initial post and thought you actually succeeded in
>> booting Slackware.... :-(
>
> Maybe I've booted it but it did not get an IP Address. Serial cable is
> for whimps. :-)
> Which parameters do you use at bootm= ?

As I said, I used Jeff Doozan's script to update my uboot, which also
sets to boot parameters.

I have:
usb_root=/dev/sda1
usb_rootfstype=ext2
usb_rootdelay=10
usb_set_bootargs=setenv bootargs console=$console root=$usb_root
rootdelay=$usb_rootdelay rootfstype=$usb_rootfstype $mtdparts

usb_bootcmd=run usb_init; run usb_set_bootargs; run usb_boot

usb_boot=mw 0x800000 0 1; ext2load usb $usb_device 0x800000
/boot/uImage; if ext2load usb $usb_device 0x1100000 /boot/uInitrd;
then bootm 0x800000 0x1100000; else bootm 0x800000; fi

(usb_device is set to 0:1 by usb_scan)

bootcmd=usb start; run force_rescue_bootcmd; run ubifs_bootcmd; run
usb_bootcmd; usb stop; run rescue_bootcmd; run pogo_bootcmd; reset

(I copied only the usb_bootcmd part, as it is the only relevant one here)

I have tried to add netconsole parameters to usb_set_bootargs, with no effect.

Christophe.