[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM current, EABI now available

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Wed Sep 23 09:15:22 UTC 2009

Hi Thierry

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm pleased to see the EABI port
being used so quickly! :-)

> flash_erase/flash_eraseall/cat. Some issues: - the kirkwood uinitrd
> expects rootfs=/dev/sda4 as ext4,

These values are taken from whatever settings I happen to have on
the build machine at the time of kernel compilation.

I did consider making /dev/sda3 the default root partition since
it's what the install docs use as an example, but I'd still have
to specify the filesystem type -- which may or may not match
the user's installed environment.

The INSTALL_{QEMU,SHEEVAPLUG} documentation covers setting the
root filesystem & partition to which ever values you use, so
I'll leave the settings as they are when the kernel's built.

> so I won't complain) - in the kernel, why CONFIG_DVB_CORE (between
> others in multimedia section) are not compiled?

They weren't in the Versatile config since doing that sort of
task under QEMU isn't good for your mental health ;-) and the
Kirkwood kernel config is based on the Versatile's.

If you send me your new kernel config with the DVB stuff set as modules,
I'll look at it and use it for the next kernel build.  I have no problem
including modules in the kernel-modules package, as long as the system
remains stable.

> recorder. In INSTALL_SHEEVAPLUG.TXT you talk about armedslack-12.2,
> should be armedslack-current. Not a real issue but dumb people like me
> could synchronize with armedslack-12.2 with in mind armedslack-current,
> by mistake :)

Thanks.  It'll be fixed in the next update.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org