[armedslack] I think I am missing something?

Steve Pirk steve at pirk.com
Mon Sep 7 14:14:33 UTC 2009

Gents,

Back at it after a trip, and am diving into the Acer Aspire One 11.6"
(Intel Atom Z520). I Gave up getting the installer to "see" the ide
drive and am now diving into building as an arm system.

I think I am following the steps in INSTALL_QEMU.TXT correctly. Host dir
set up, armed src dir exported, and I started the qemu installer, but
bailed thinking it was going to write to local disk. Read again and saw
that it write to the .img file.

So, my slack 13 sony laptop is the dev build server, nfs mounting it's
own volume to do a network install, and "bulds" a disk image file.
If this is correct so far, how do I get the image file over to the Acer
laptop? Or, am I supposed to be running the installer on the Acer arm
netbook?

(brain is still foggy from all the smoke in Glendale last week).

--
steve pirk
refiamerica.org - bremerton, wa