[armedslack] I think I am missing something?

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Wed Sep 9 09:09:12 UTC 2009

Hi Steve

> So, my slack 13 sony laptop is the dev build server, nfs mounting it's own
> volume to do a network install, and "bulds" a disk image file.
> If this is correct so far, how do I get the image file over to the Acer
> laptop? Or, am I supposed to be running the installer on the Acer arm netbook?

The installer is meant to be run on which ever machine you want to run
QEMU on.

A single Slackware/x86 (32 or 64bit) machine can be the NFS server used
for the one time installation, *and* also host Slackware ARM inside
QEMU.

The tip is: put QEMU on the fastest CPU you have -- it's slow!
QEMU 0.9 used to be significantly faster for ARM emulation than
0.10 -- I don't know what happened.  It got more stable but slow!

Does that help?  I've adjusted the instructions in the first paragraph
of the qemu installation document to make it clear that you only need
one machine.

Cheers
s.
--