[armedslack] ARM EABI

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Apr 6 19:28:51 UTC 2007

> I use ntpdate from Armedslack so that's no problem.

Yeah me too -- I will include it in the installer initrd.

> > Thoughts? :-)
>
> I am trying to figure out how to build X in Slackware Current in an x86 vm
> after ending up with many *.failed files when building in Armedslack.

I did that this way:

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide
- Download the git fetching script and add in the
fonts stuff:

do_dir driver "${driver}"
do_dir font "${font}"        # this line added to get fonts
do_dir lib "${lib}"

On your x86 host:
Update /usr/local to be /usr so the libs get put into the right place:
 fgrep -lr -- 'usr/local' . | xargs sed -i 's?usr/local?usr/?g'

./util/modular/build.sh -n -D /usr 2>&1 | tee build.log

Then build x/mesa

That's how I got the X packages to build.  I don't remember at what
point the modular X requires Mesa, but you could then re-build
using the ./util/modular/build.sh script, *then* try x11.SlackBuild.

The way Patrick did it was to have bootstrap scripts and generate larger
packages.  I still have his build scripts for those packages but
it's almost identical to the one in -current, so it's not useful.

This method certainly *helps* :-)

--
Stuart Winter
www.armedslack.org