[ARMedslack] F-ed up my SD card

Mr. B-o-B mr.chew.baka at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 22:14:16 UTC 2012

Hello, and a good day to you all.  I am new to this list & ARMedSlack (not
new to Slackware though).  I recently received a Raspberry PI, and did a
-current install per the instructions listed here:

http://www.daves-collective.co.uk/raspi/installing.shtml

All went well, but when I issued the "reboot" command it did not reboot
properly.  When the PI comes up now it has a solid green (OK) light, and a
red light doing a quick 6 x flash.

I did a little googling, and found an article on the PI site with my
issue:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10913

In a nut shell the article explains the problem is due to corrupt
start.elf file.  They recommended You should be able to download start.elf
from here:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware ... aster/boot

and copy it on the SD card.

Does this sound about right for ARMedSlack?

Any thoughts or hints about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mr. B-o-B