[ARMedslack] Armedslack-current QEMU

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Wed Jun 27 07:46:01 UTC 2012

> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg177442.html
>
> I'll try with some of the suggestions here.

Thanks to Jim Hawkins for patching the Versatile kernel.

The -current tree isn't in a state in which it can be publically consumed,
so I've put the new packages and kernels here:

http://armed.slackware.com/fixes/versatile/

The layout is the same as the -current tree, so you can download the files
from the URL above, remove the copies in your -current tree and drop the
new versions in place.

The patch is also in the 'k' directory - in case anybody comes across this
thread and wants to get Versatile working again in QEMU.

Also whilst doing a test installation on QEMU I wondered why I'd not
enabled DHCP by default in the supplied 'installer_launch' script.  QEMU
has a built-in DHCP server and since the script sets up QEMU using NAT, it
makes sense to use DHCP.
I've adjusted the script:
   -append "nic=auto:eth0:dhcp root=/dev/ram rw"

The new version of the script will be uploaded at some point.
The only thing about using DHCP from inside QEMU is that when mouting your
x86 NFS server, you need to refer to it by IP Address rather than any
canonical name.  e.g.  192.168.1.1

Cheers
s.

--