[ARMedslack] WiFi on GuruPlug (Standard)

David Madden dhm at mersenne.com
Wed Apr 11 02:53:27 UTC 2012

FYI, I was able to get a vanilla 3.3.1 kernel compiled and running on
the GuruPlug Standard.  The mwifiex driver supports the sd8787 wifi
chipset, but only (as far as I can tell) in client mode.  The hardest
part was finding a copy of the Marvell firmware:
/lib/firmware/mrvl/sd8787_uapsta.bin.  Other hints: I think the driver
has to be compiled as a module so that the SDIO driver boots up first,
then the mwifiex driver can talk to the wireless chipset.

Does anybody know whether AP mode can be achieved (except with the older
Marvell kernel & driver)?
--
Mersenne Law LLC  ·  www.mersenne.com  ·  +1-503-679-1671
- Small Business, Startup and Intellectual Property Law -