[ARMedslack] Dreamplug: ERROR: Root partition has already been mounted read-write. Cannot check!

Florian Koch florian.koch1981 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 7 18:15:47 UTC 2012

Hi @all,

today i recived my dreamplug, and installed armedslack on it.
I grab the latest kernel from
http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/kernel/3/3.3/3.3.1/ and the
slack-current-miniroot_21Jan12.tar.xz.

I put all together and now my dreamplug has a armedslack system, but the
boot stops with this Error:

Setting system time from the hardware clock (localtime).
> Testing root filesystem status:  read-write filesystem
>
> *** ERROR: Root partition has already been mounted read-write. Cannot
> check!
>
> For filesystem checking to work properly, your system must initially mount
> the root partition as read only. Please modify your kernel with 'rdev' so
> that
> it does this. If you're booting with LILO, add a line:
>
>    read-only
>
> to the Linux section in your /etc/lilo.conf and type 'lilo' to reinstall
> it.
>
> If you boot from a kernel on a floppy disk, put it in the drive and type:
>    rdev -R /dev/fd0 1
>
> If you boot from a bootdisk, or with Loadlin, you can add the 'ro' flag.
>
> This will fix the problem *AND* eliminate this annoying message. :^)
>
> Press ENTER to continue.
> Checking non-root filesystems:

if i continue, i can login and the system works.

i tried to set ro to the kernel comandline in the uboot loader, does not
change anything.

regards Florian