[ARMedslack] Armedslack on the Efika i.MX515 (ARM Cortex-A8 800MHz)

lee jones slothpuck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:04:41 UTC 2011

Ok, I have an update here as I have gotten a little further. But  (wait for
it) there's good news and bad news.

The good news? I've now gotten further with booting. It appears the efika mx
kernel dosen't work with ext3! Going over the top of the second partiton
(using ext3) with ext4 meant I got further with booting.

The bad news? I'm now as far in as "Loading
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.map.gz" . The system all but stops
there, the only line it prints after some time is "INIT: Id "s0" respawning
too fast: disabled for 5 minutes".

I also double-checked the /etc/fstab on the slackware 13.1 mini file system
(second partiton of my SD card) it looks fine (I am guessing here);

ljones