[ARMedslack] Kernel kirkwood-2.6.38.2: CONFIG_N_HDLC

Thorsten Mühlfelder thenktor at gmx.de
Thu Apr 7 15:46:06 UTC 2011

Hi,
is there any special reason why CONFIG_N_HDLC  is disabled? In x86 it's build
as a module.
The only reason I'm asking is because the rp-pppoe documentation says:
"Synchronous PPP is safe on Linux machines with the n_hdlc line discipline.
(If you have a file called "n_hdlc.o" in your  modules directory, you have
the line discipline.)"
It also says that synchronous mode "is much easier on CPU usage" than
asynchronous mode. So I've thought it's worth a try.

Location:
 -> Device Drivers
   -> Character devices
     -> Non-standard serial port support (SERIAL_NONSTANDARD [=y])

--
Thorsten Mühlfelder
Salix OS: www.salixos.org