[ARMedslack] ARM Slackware on the BeagleBoard

John Oyler john.oyler at smartfield.com
Mon Jun 28 18:07:17 UTC 2010

I used the instructions for formatting and configuring partitions on my SD card from the Angstrom Linux distribution. After getting that working, I decided to be a little bit bolder... I wiped the ext2 partition, and installed the Slackware minirootfs.

It booted just fine. While I'm not ready to try to compile the kernel for the Beagle (supposedly there are a ton of patches), I did copy Angstrom's kernel modules over to it, and they load fine as well.

Everything seems to work perfect, and it's the Slackware I know and love.

But here's the part where you can help me... I was never any good at using Slackbuild scripts before, and now when I look at them they're full of i486s and the like. Is there any sort of guide on how to build these? I'll be doing so natively (it's fairly zippy, and I have plenty of time) so there's no need for a cross-compiler.

Thanks,
John O.