[armedslack] I think I am missing something?

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Sep 11 12:49:28 UTC 2009

> > Let me load fedora again and see what it does with the disk. Like you
> > mentioned earlier, it will probably be a /dev/sda scsi device.

I meant that in Slackware ARM, in QEMU, its discs show as SCSI
devices.  there's no IDE support in QEMU.

> I sorted out the problem by recompiling the kernels (both the kernel
> used by the Slack installer 2.6.29.6 and afterwards my "daily" kernel
> using 2.6.30.5) and adding pata_sch support (CONFIG_PATA_SCH=y in the
> .config file).
>
> Basically  the pata_sch support has to be either built into your
> kernel (or into the initrd...I don't use initrd would that work ??
> would that be a simpler way of adding pata_sch support on boot ??)
> otherwise the kernel won't be able to access your root partition when
> you boot.

Thanks for letting us know, Frank -- I see that in the "huge" kernel
this is compiled as a module when it should be compiled into the
kernel.

I've bounced your message to Patrick.

--
Stuart Winter