[armedslack] EABI

David F. Carlson dave at chronolytics.com
Mon Jul 6 16:23:57 UTC 2009

According to Stuart Winter:

> What I'm having trouble with at the moment is the "target triplet"
> name of the toolchain.
> It ought to be "arm-slackware-linux" as it is for the Slackware 12.2
> but the only way I've found to make the new gcc output for the EABI
> is to name the toolchain "arm-slackware-linux-gnueabi".
> There must be a way of changing the gcc specs, or passing a config
> option when building gcc (you can use --arch=armv4t to tell it to
> output binaries for armv4t by default), but I haven't figured out
> how to tell it to output EABI yet.
> If anybody knows how to make this work, please let me know!

I believe that the "triplet" is such that linux-gnueabi is a single tuple (not 2 as the dash '-' would imply.)

My builds copied from my boostraped from codesourcery is:

arm-none-linux-gnueabi

Building as arm-linux-gnueabi barfs that you need a triple.

arm-slackware-linux-gnueabi is the correct answer.

Like in the ancient days before the new glibc that toolchain was -- i386-slackware-linux-gnuaout (that would be slackware from sometime in 1995!)

David F. Carlson    Chronolytics, Inc.  Rochester, NY
mailto:dave at chronolytics.com            http://www.chronolytics.com

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll