[armedslack] SMP?

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Mon May 5 16:13:47 UTC 2008

Hi

> I'm just about to buy a 32gb compact flash card and ide adaptor for my
> RiscPC so I can install armedslack and have a machine without a spinning
> hdd :-)

Hmmm.  I'll be interested to see if it works!  Off the top of
my head, I'm not sure whether the RiscPC kernel would contain
support for such a device -- although if it's just IDE, it
most likely will work.  Still, if you're looking for a noise-free machine,
I hope you remembered the 2ft long PSU ;-)

> What I'd really like to know is if anyone is using a RiscPC with dual
> StrongArm's? Is the current ARMedslack kernel SMP aware? Will my RiscPC even
> boot with two StrongArms in (not bought it yet but have easy access to one).

The RiscPC doesn't support SMP -- the second slot is for
an x86 card -- for which there is no Linux support.
So unfortunately, it won't work -- I wish it would though, it'd be cool :)