[armedslack] iyonix status

Niel Drummond niel.drummond at grumpytoad.org
Wed Jul 23 21:45:02 UTC 2008

Stuart Winter wrote:
> My plan now is to release armedslack-current as a port of Slackware 12.1
> including what exists of the RiscPC support, and then drop RiscPC support
> from then on because the Kernel and drivers aren't maintained and
> I'd rather focus on hardware that people care about and that I can see
> results of my work!

yes, keep plugging at it.. there's not many greater things than having a
dead silent slackware box chugging away in my living room :-D

I came to your site through Martin Michlmayr's work on debian on similar
ARM machines... so far it's been an interesting ride.

I have to ask though: what is actually preventing the use of the 2.4
kernel in the 12.1 Slackware tree ? I used to believe you could separate
package management away from a kernel.

- Niel